Friday, February 25, 2011

Revival Begins at Home


It was into the home that sin first came. It is in the home that revival first needs to come. It is the hardest place, the most costly, but the most necessary place to begin. The home is the place before all others where this should be experienced.

But how different is the experience of so many of us professing Christians in our homes—little irritations, frayed tempers, selfishness and resentments; and even where there is nothing very definitely wrong between us, there is just not that complete oneness and fellowship that ought to characterize Christians living together.

All things that come between us and others come between us and God and spoil our fellowship with Him, so that our hearts are not overflowing with divine life.

Revival in my home? I have got to challenge my heart about this. Am I prepared to continue in my present state, or am I really hungry for new life, His life, in my home?

As we bow at the cross, His selfless love for others, His longsuffering and forbearance flow into our hearts. The precious blood cleanses us from an unloving will and the Holy Spirit fills us with the very nature of Jesus. I Cor. 13 is nothing less than the nature of Jesus, and it is all a gift to us, for His nature is ours, if He is ours.

This blessed process can happen every single time the beginnings of sin and lack of love creep in, for the cleansing fountain of blood is available to us all the time! All this will commit us very definitely to walking the way of the cross in our homes. Real oneness conjures up for us the picture of two or more sinners together at Calvary.

So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love!” 1 Cor. 13:4



- Pastor Regan Myers