Let me give you a partial list of Mormon doctrines which are mostly only revealed to their members only after he/she has demonstrated maturity in their faith. These doctrines are gathered from recognized Mormon authorities and are compiled by Walter Martins Religious InfoNet. The website is www.waltermartin.com. These are only a brief summary of the Mormon doctrine.
1. The true gospel was lost from the earth. They teach there was an apostasy and the true church ceased to exist on the earth.
2. The Book of Mormonism is more correct than the Bible.
3. If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormon doctrine page 670.
4. There are many gods - Mormon doctrine page 163.
5. God used to be a man from another planet - Mormon doctrine page 321. Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, Vol. 5; pg. 613-614; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, pg. 333
6. God the Father had a father - Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol. 6, pg. 476.
7. God resides on a planet near the great star Kolob - Mormon doctrine pg. 428.
8. God is married to a goddess wife and has spirit children-Doct. pg. 516.
9. We were first begotten as spirit children in heaven and then born naturally on earth. Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, pg. 218
10. The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus - Mormon doctrine pg. 129
11. Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers - Mormon doctrine pg. 163
12. Jesus sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins. Journal Discourses, Vol. 3, pg. 247.
13. There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God. - Doctrine of salvation, Vol. 1, pg. 188
14. Baptism for the dead - a practice of baptizing each other in place of non-Mormons who are now dead. Their belief is that in the after life, the “newly baptized” person will be able to enter into a higher level of Mormon heaven.
- Pastor Virgil Amundson