Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From the Desk of Jen Slater: One Thirst

I thought that this was worth sharing...








Worship is something you do every day from the minute you wake up to the moment you go to sleep at night. It’s something you choose. It’s this choice to be selfless instead of selfish. It’s the laying down of your life, your affection, and your love. It’s saying, I’m going to live for you and I’m going to die for you and it’s all for you. You know, Jesus paid everything for me to be close to Him. He paid the ultimate sacrifice so that there would be no space between us. So when I think about worship, I think about filling in all the space with worship because He went as far as He could to come to me, He’s done everything he could to get to me. If there’s any space, it’s because I created it. It’s because I gave somebody, some situation, or something that place. In worship there’s a constant choice to remove distractions and say “Jesus, come and fill in this space so there is nothing between us. Here it is……...my heartfelt worship.”

Jen Slater (with quotes from Steffany Frizzell)