Thursday, March 8, 2012

To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain


 “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. And having the confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; that your rejoicing may be more abundant to you again.” Phil. 1:20-26
 
Bob Reichel lay on his bed suffering a heart attack and on the verge of dying, when these words came out of his mouth: “Lord if it is your time to take me, I am ready. If you have something that you want me to do for you here on earth, I am willing.” The Lord spared Bob that night, but went on to have another heart attack. When Bob finally went into the hospital he had suffered two heart attacks, had a leaking valve, a tear in the heart muscle, a leak in the heart wall, 5 100% blockages, failing kidneys, and plummeting blood pressure.
 
Gladys Leaonard was told that it would be a miracle if Bob would live. It didn’t even look like Bob would get strong enough to even have the surgery to try and save his life. From the natural viewpoint, it looked impossible. Today Bob is recovering nicely from major open heart surgery. It was a miracle! The Lord has more for Bob to do.
 
Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; that your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.”
 Welcome back Bob!
 
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Phil. 1:6 

- Pastor Regan Myers