Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Sweetest Words

(This Relevant Pen Blog Post was brought to us by guest author, Jennifer Siem) 

My husband and I knew that we were in God’s will and knew that we had listened to His voice; but still, we felt out of place. I guess God has a history of taking people out of a place where they feel comfortable and taking them somewhere in which His presence feels like the only thing familiar.

We had been attending the same church for much of our lives. For me, it had been 16 years that I had been there. And for my husband, it had been 27 years; that was where we had grown up and even met each other. We thought we would always be there, but God had a different plan in mind. So, we found ourselves at Shell Lake Full Gospel.

As God was taking us to a new place, I had really been searching the Scriptures and my heart to make sure that I was where he wanted me to be. As a result, one of the things I had been praying for was that others would see God’s love and joy through me.

Last summer, after attending Shell Lake Full Gospel for a number of months, an elder of church came up to me and told me something that made me feel so at home and confirmed so much that my husband I were truly in the place that God wanted us to be that it brought tears to my eyes. He told me that he could see God’s joy in my smile, and that He could see God’s love through me. He probably didn’t realize that his words were an answer to prayer! I think those may have been the sweetest words I had ever heard. And that’s when I knew I was in the right place. It was a confirmation that I never expected from God, but then He always seems to amaze me!