Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fruit and Patience


Verily, verily I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.” John 12:24

Truth can be seen in the physical and spiritual realms. Jesus illustrated a dynamic spiritual truth with the seed example. The outer casing of a seed has only one purpose: to house the heart of the grain, which produces new life. This outer casing is like our flesh, which houses our soul and spirit. As we “crucify the flesh” and seek those things which are above, the life of the Spirit comes to full fruition in us.

We can confidently say: 

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
Stop your Adamic nature from being the dominant force in your life! In Numbers 17:1-8 God took something seemingly dead (Aaron’s rod) and caused it to bud. You may long to function and produce. Within every one of us is a spirit that cries out as Jacob, “I know I am Jacob now, but within me is the desire to become Israel!”

Producing fruit takes patience and the Holy Spirit. How delicious are fresh fruits - plump red strawberries in the spring, juicy watermelons in the summer, golden apples in the fall. Each takes time to become ripe and ready for picking. In the meantime are you feeding and nurturing your spirit, mind, and soul with the Word of God? 

- Pastor Regan Myers